November 14, 2007

More...Anniversary

Just had to write, since what we did is so apropos to us...Meaning we so often go with the flow or are spur-of-the-moment...Which is what happened tonight.

We don't always do a big deal on THEE day, but spread out the celebrating. And with a group of men coming tomorrow night, the Geolly Boys, for Monte to share his geology and maps, and all in his setting...We've decided to celebrate moreso later.

I did make Monte and me a nice supper. Just when we were done, the phone rang...Friends we don't often see have the same anniversary date as us, and called to wish us happy anniversary. They were celebrating at The Bistro across the roadway from our road turnoff. So Monte said we'd come for dessert.

We changed clothes...I was sitting checking emails and Monte looked at my shoes and asked if I could walk in them..."They are comfortable"...OH...We didn't have a vehicle!! (Dawson and Monte are going to look at used vehicles Saturday.) We were going to have to walk (a little over a mile)!

It was cold. It was dark. Dogs barked, and we hoped they were contained. But it was an adventure. I have favorite foods I use in certain nationality restaurants to measure them by. In this case I had Tirimisu. It was excellent.

Great conversation, atmosphere, friends and food...AND totally spontaneous.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

OH, that sounds so wonderful! I bet you guys had a great time. We thought of you yesterday.

Side note - what should I bring for Thanksgiving???

Karey said...

I got Trav's text message wishing us a happy anniversary but didn't read it till today! Texted him back "thanks". We did have fun!

I've ordered a turkey and planning on 16 if your friends choose to come. So I'll be doing it and the dressing and mystery pecan pie. I did make rolls the other day, but figure it's something someone could bring.

Monte would like you do the pumpkin pies, instead of the Johnsons.

montego said...

Happy Anniversary sis! Wow, 32 years... but, then again, I cannot believe it will be 13 for me. Can YOU believe that?! :-)

Karey said...

You'll always be my 'Baby brother'. I mean trying to call you 'Rob' now is still hard for me. You'll always be Robby!

montego said...

Family and close friends that I've known for years can ALWAYS call me "Robby". :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...