December 9, 2008

Advent Basket Day 9

Focusing on Jesus' ministry daily advent, the bag for December 9 has a piece of a road map in it. I had ripped a piece from a Colorado map that shows Evergreen and then folded it up.

Read John 14: 1-6. "We use a map when we travel. Jesus can be our guide."

The word Trinity may not actually be in scripture, but what it means is there, and this chapter 14 of John spells it out beautifully. Though to the disciples it's still all a riddle, to us, it takes us past the "We ... Us ... Our" we've been given prior to this passage.

Jesus is soon to leave the disciples. They've lived with Him for three years. While they're hoping for their physical place in time to change for the better, with Jesus as ruler, they've missed the deeper meanings of Kingdom that Jesus keeps talking about. They'll put it all together as they wait in the upper room after Jesus leaves them ...

Sit with John 14. Jesus tells the disciples, "it's to your advantage that I go away ..." 

The world seems a mess. "Let not your hearts be troubled ... Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives ... I am the way (the road), and the truth, and the life ... I will not leave you as orphans ... Because I live, you will live ... I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you ... Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...