December 15, 2008

Advent Basket Day 15

I went to the musical/play The Christmas Carol with friends last night. It was really well done and very meaningful. It's message fits with the context of scripture for today's Advent Basket bag for day 15.

The scripture is Matthew 6:28-34, and the miniature is fake flowers. The message reads, "Jesus taught a lesson using pretty flowers". 

Reading it in context from verse 19, why do we want to hoard treasure down here? Sure the basics of food and clothing are needs, but we tend to worry about it and want more. I like the phrases: "Your eyes are windows into your body. If you open your eyes wide in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light ... relax, and not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving."

Oh God, that I trust you, with wonder and belief. I have seen the care You give to the beautiful birds and wildflowers, with eyes of wonder. Help me with my unbelief and lack of trust.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...