May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Our Heather married William Lavender last December 18th. He was newly home from Iraq. He is a captain in the military.

They left this morning in their rental truck full of stuff Heather's gathered over the years awaiting marriage. She's prayed very specifically since she was 10 for this man she'd marry. As she was approaching 30 she was still trusting and resting in God. I was trusting too, thought I'd often argue with God ...

How'd they meet? Through E-Harmony, an online Christian dating site. Bill is a wonderful man and they are like brother and sister - both in looks and compatibility.

While today we remember those who have died for our freedoms. I'm also saying thanks to those still alive, willing to give their lives for freedoms they value - like our Bill. 

2 comments:

Lanny said...

Funny you should say that they are like brother and sister, Bill and Heather, because my husband thinks every couple on the E-Harmony commercial looks like a brother and a sister. And my, doesn't she have a very interesting name now?By the way, the Catholics do have Juliana of Norwich on their calendar, May 13. She is not recognized as a saint but as a Blessed, not fully beatified.

Karey said...

I'm not Catholic so I don't know a lot and have been recently interested in varying people's stories and how they walk the walk of how God leads them. So I don't know anything about the Blessed part - it's not in anything I've read so far.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...