October 12, 2007

Jobs

Something I read made me think back and laugh about the jobs I've done. One of them is especially fun to tell as an 'ice breaker'! But here's my list from the beginning:

Babysitting (which I wasn't good at so not asked a lot unless they were desperate)

Typical housework chores (I only mention it because I tried to trade with my brother so I could do the yard work chores, which I loved, but maybe I wouldn't if it were a 'chore')

Baskin Robbins - if you get a chocolate fudge brownie scoop and have no brownies.....Or pecans gone from Pralines and cream......:P

Car Wash - sometimes to save time the owner tried us doing inside the car cleaning while the vehicle was going through the automatic wash, but the car owners didn't like that, so I was one of those out after the wash, cleaning the inside windows and vacuuming

Christmas help in department stores - my favorite place was the toys

Undergarment factory - I sewed the elastic on the left crotch of underwear (didn't last long when I saw some long time employees permanently hunched over)

Medical Clinic - worked in the patient files room. I'd deliver files needed at various offices and refile files that were done with (it was here I learned that some people love to eat burnt toast)

Now which of those do you think is the funniest to tell people?

3 comments:

montego said...

Definitely the undergarment factory!

Sarah said...

How can you not be good at babysitting? I mean, I don't think I was any kid's favorite, but how can you be bad at it? :)

Karey said...

Really...I wasn't. And still not in to marriage. I like kids ok, and especially mine, but just not as patient with other kids. But I've changed some in these later years, but still...babysitting isn't something I really want to do.

At MOPS, I tell them I'm not great, but am getting better. Like I'm learning. But I prefer being with the moms.

BUT of course I'd babysit my grandkids, so when you're there, don't be afraid to ask. Not as if I'm close by...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...