April 18, 2011

Cranapple Rolled Grains (Oatmeal) Cookies

I filled a large tin with these cookies. Monte's always asking for homemade cookies and these are going to become regulars. I made them for my Spring Tea.





COOKIES
3/4 C unsalted butter

1 1/4 C sucanat sugar (unprocessed dehydrated sugar cane)

1 Tb molasses

1 lg egg

1/4 C milk

1 1/2 tsp vanilla

1 C whole wheat flour

1 1/4 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp nutmeg

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

3 C rolled oats (I used 1 C each rolled oats, barley, and rice)

1 1/2 C dried cranberries (could use dried cherries, or raisins)

3/4 C dark chocolate chips

1 C applesauce or chopped apples (the first thing I found in my freezer was pear sauce instead of applesauce, so used it)(I make applesauce from our crabapples and freeze it)

(1/2 C chopped walnuts or pecans)



2" rounds (I usually make them smaller) on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 about 12-15 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...