January 31, 2011

Homemade Valentine Soap

Homemade soap - paprika created the pink soap
I made homemade soap Saturday. It's supposed to sit in it's box for 24-48 hours, before cutting into shapes and cured for 2 weeks, at the least. I was thinking "Valentines" so cut heart shapes. The leftover scraps I roll in balls. Since the soap is uncured, it's still caustic, so I dump it out on a vinyl table cloth and use rubber gloves. I've let them cure on my baking cooling racks, or brown paper before - this time they're on some old wicker placemats. The soapmaking recipe is at my Karey's Kitchen blog.

Using a cookie cutter for the heart-shape - rolling scraps into soap balls
Some of these will get felted over in two weeks. I'll post pics then ... so keep tuned.

1 comment:

Marci said...

I would love to hear the details of how to felt it. Hope you share that too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...