January 26, 2011

Raspberry Tart

I'd mentioned in another post that we had company last week - investor/geology men. I wanted a dessert one night, without much work. When I make pies, I roll my crusts out very thin and always have extra crust. If I don't make little cinnamon tarts with the leftover, I put it in a ziplock in the freezer. Well, I remembered I had lots of little bags in the big ziplock of leftover crusts. I pulled out two of them to thaw. That evening I rolled them out to fit in a tart pan. I didn't have a recipe or want to spend time looking for a recipe, so here's what I did ...





RASPBERRY TART
- unbaked crust put in tart pan (click side bar "pies" label to see my crust recipe - it's whole wheat or whole grain something, considering the leftover varieties there could be).

- dumped frozen raspberries till it looked just right - still gaps of crust showing through - not too much and not too little.

- sprinkled several Tablespoons of sucanat (dehydrated sugar cane) - here again, went by looks

- poured over some cream.

Baked at 375 degrees till it looked done - pretty set (set up more as it cooled) and crust browned.



Found out raspberries were the guest's favorite fruit. So the next morning when I made sourdough pancakes I heated some frozen raspberries for a pancake topping with my homemade yogurt and maple syrup.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...