February 21, 2013

Book Groups

I'm vegging out reading. I wanted to post a video of my Grandson Emery, trying to blow Monte's trumpet, with little sister Scout wanting to try too. At three and one, it's cute. Monte's trying to help, and eventually Emery says, "Mamma, I want to just do it my way. Can I just do it?" Love his fat cheeks (perfect embouchure potential!) and expressiveness with his hands. I need to have Travis send the movie clip to me. We were babysitting them for a spell. Such joy . . . yet tiring.

I was going to go to a MOPS book group tonight, but Monte had a Geolly Boy meeting (geologists) and I didn't feel like juggling it all. One of my MOPS gals has written her first novel - a Young Adult novel called Playing Nice. I read it. It reminds me of my high school days.

Other gals in my church want to start a book group too. I suggested some books that I currently am wanting to read. I started reading the one I have from the library and am reminded of how much I love Lauren Winner's writing. It's her newest book Still. After reading several chapters I told these younger gals that they really need to read her first book before this book. It's Girl Meets God. I'm looking forward to reading it again, for next month's read.

I also suggested Donald Miller's more recent book, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. It's subtitle is what draws me - How I Learned to Live a Better Story.

What they are currently going to read and I just started, is John Green's The Fault In Our Stars. I'm liking it.

We've had such a drought, and it's been snowing! Perfect weather for curling up and reading!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...