June 2, 2009

Happenings

It's raining today, so vegging out from my heavy gardening endeavors. My older body needs time-outs these days to recoup. My last post mentioned company: two nephews with the one's newly married bride, along with Travis and Sarah. Travis took pictures and I like this one of my boyfriend - I love my husband!

Monte is flying out soon to Austin and driving with Heather and little 4 month old Will to Evergreen. Heather will be staying here at home for most of the summer - getting out of that TX heat! Being here, I will definitely get pictures!

Our neighbor has let us use their water for our lower garden and we share the garden with them, tho they've not used it for several years. I've been planting more fruiting bushes and trees. Asparagus and rhubarb are there. It's got a 6 foot fence to keep out the elk. I'm doing more veggies up by the house now. WELL ... this neighbor now has kids. Heather nannied for them before she married. Now that they want to garden this year, Monte and me spent the other morning putting stakes by all the bush/trees and decorative fencing around the lower plants like strawberries, so the little running bodies don't trample things. As I was weeding, planting, and trimming things the other day, I could hear little kid voices wafting up from that garden, a pleasant sound. They are very pregnant with their third - all miracle kids having spent thousands to get pregnant (and some of us praying). 

Heather will have a nice summer!

Dawson has definitely begun summer vacation with a constant flow of young people here. Sunday evening I walked into the kitchen to find two young ladies I don't know pulling out groceries for supper, for them and others coming - I did not know about this happening! I think the plan was to cook over a campfire and hang out there, but when it gets cloudy here, it cools off dramatically at 8000 feet! - and it had started raining. So Monte and me vacated to our bedroom to watch a movie and they played games into the night. I was so glad the following morning to see that they had cleaned everything up - that's nice!

Later ...

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Our oldest just graduated,and your blog is being a 'Titus 2 Woman' for me, as I learn how to 'mother' an adult living at home! Thanks for including the snippets about Dawson. They are a ministry to me!

Karen Deborah said...

Love the picture of you and Monte! How neat to see what you both look like. Summer is a very busy time isn't it? You are very patient. Kayla has been "playing," with a lot of the neighborhood kids. She has always liked people younger than herself. Sometimes my first reaction as I see 6 kids go running threw my house, is irritation, but so far have held my tongue. People are more important. Have you had any time to start reading my book?

Maybe Monte will draw some pictures of the baby. I love his drawings. Debbie mentioned you had another book? Did I understand that right? I have only read Hearth and Home.

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Oh you are going to have a wonderful summer with Heather and Will at home. I can see the beams from your smile all the way to CA!

Sounds like Dawson and his friends will keep it lively, too. (and tidy -- wowie! amazing!)

Last night brought thunder storms like we have NEVER seen here. I read 3500 strikes in 2 hours! I thought of you way up at 8000 feet and imagined that you would laugh as I ran with tear-filled eyes and hugged Gary. Rachel joined us soon thereafter. We closed the shades (something we NEVER do) and watched a cozy episode of The Waltons. By bedtime (ours . . . way past Rachel's) it was relatively calm.

Today we all awoke feeling a bit sluggish, but the gardens didn't need watering. : D Dinner features an adaptation of your black bean soup (to red bean soup) in the pressure cooker with your yummy cornbread to go alongside. We're enjoying the cozy, foggy, drippy day -- oh wait! I see the sun has appeared. God is good.

p.s.
You and Monte had the same parental calling that Gary and I received from the Lord. The sweet romance of our children followed a very similar tune. We are reaping the benefits every day. They are our joy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...