June 14, 2009

Hail! etc

OK ... we just had the hail - like I've never seen! I was sitting in my wing-back chair pulled close to the east window so to better see the beauty, drinking my tea, when the rain began, and then the hail. Watching the hail balls bounce out of the green grass was unreal - like a cartoon. And the hail got harder and harder to where it looked like a fast-speed movie of falling snow - unreal again. 'Twill be interesting to see what survived and resurrects ... like I'm seeing sparse flower petals drooped and hanging on for dear life, but most of them gone. Lots of bowed over stuff.

I'm also posting a picture Monte had taken of Will on his iPhone and I emailed it to myself as we were driving home from church.

I'm smelling wet pine and cedar ... there is wet wood in the greenhouse and it was leaking a bit ago. The gutters have finally cleared themselves of the abundant hail and are draining properly and not overflowing everywhere, probably ruining flower beds.

I'm thinking of farmers, feeling just a tad of what they must feel after such storms ... and their livelihood depends on what's growing and might be destroyed in one fell swoop!

1 comment:

Karen Deborah said...

Hail can be mean, we have golf ball sized hail sometimes, but not this time of year. I would feel devastated if my garden was destroyed right now. All the promise of what everything is going to be; it does give one a bit of empathy for farmers. Our gardens are not our livelihoods although we are definitely going to be needing ours with 6 weeks off of work.

I made some baked french toast out of your breakfast bread recipe, which is my all time most favorite bread recipe ever. I am thinking about making the breakfast bread recipe for cinnamon rolls and frost them with fresh squeezed orange frosting and a little zest,....can you just imagine?

Might as well bake if the weather turned freak!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...