January 13, 2013

Landfill Harmonic teaser




This video has been floating about the internet for awhile. I love it! I'm hoping it gets viewed a lot. When it came through my Reader, being posted again, I thought I'd post it too. And add a bit about my son's instrument creations. Dawson has been making steel cellos. He came up with the idea as an extra curricular project in a Music Appreciation class. We still have that first smaller cello at our home. After that one he's made several other full-size cellos tweaking it for sound improvement. The first of those he sold to a Canadian musician and teacher. Two others have gone to the Piano Guys - here's the song it's featured in most, and the in the last couple minutes of this one. And here's him playing it on youtube, and then his cello playing friend, playing it better (in our home) (he's not a cello player, but a violin player). He wouldn't mind more sales . . .


Our son Dawson's Handmade steel cellos


Thanksgiving music - like the "Saw"

1 comment:

amy said...

Dawson's cellos are beautiful. I have been a long long time reader....but a first time poster. I am a homeschool mom and found you through another homeschool mom and your cookbook. You have been a blessing. and I recall when you posted about the first one instrument Dawson made and I believe he also created a rose? Anyway....I thought it really cool then and I think it is really really cool now...that the Piano Guys have two of his pieces...It was with pleasure I watched the videos and was able to see his work. Just wanted you to know you and yours have been a wonderful and valuable inspiration to this homeschooling mom. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...