November 6, 2012

Monte's Art

I posted this earlier, but am posting it again and adding two new drawings he just finished.
____________________

Monte is writing a book - The Secret of Singing Springs. It's in the editing and formatting stage. He's just finishing up the art work. Monte's got his own unique style. Some of his techniques come from his many years of geologic mapping. I told him I'd like to post one of his pictures, so here it is ...


Elk Fighting

The book's beginnings came from treasure hunts Monte used to set up around our property for our kids and friends, utilizing orienteering skills. Now it's evolved into more of the areas surrounding us where they've played, built forts, and hiked. Some local history, including my family's history, has been included in the book now too.

He'd want me to add that our first date was us sitting on a mountainside sketching. Monte sketches more photographically real. Like on that date he only got 1/10th of a tree we now have hanging in a hand-carved frame he made. I sketched probably ten things that date.




1 comment:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Wow, I didn't even know you were still blogging. This is the first post that popped up for awhile!

So glad to see it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...